Friday, March 4, 2011

Yay, Im going home!!

Past 24 hrs I have definitely been feeling much more alert.   I managed to stay awake for long periods of time yesterday and had just one nap in the afternoon.   I stayed up fairly late too - till 10.30 which compared to the day before where I napped almost all day was good.     My night sleep wasn't so great.   I woke at around 3.30 and just couldn't get comfortable again so really only dozed until around 7.30.

Have had a visit this morning from Carol & Zola, David's Hamilton nurse and nutritionist respectively.    Both were lovely and Zola gave me a few hints and tips for the coming weeks, including that somewhere around weeks 3 or 4 it is entirely possible I will have a "why did I do this" moment.  She assured me however that it will pass and that by week 6 things will be way improved.

I got breakfast delivered this morning.   Mashed banana and yoghurt.   Didn't manage to eat a lot of it really, the banana was quite unripe I think and the texture was quite unpleasant.     Zola looked at the things I had brought with me as options to eat for lunch today - it was a no on the Horleys shakes (which i kinda thought would be) a yes on the Up and Go vive and a yes (for now only) on the watties custard with strawberry and banana baby food.     Still haven't had my panadol.    I have to wait for half an hour before and after meals before I can have anything to drink so will be hanging out for that soonish.

Can't wait to be coming home, I've really missed my hubby and kids a lot and am looking forward to my own bed and surroundings.

Have sent the hubby out in search of panadol gel caps for when I get home, and also some Vitamin B12 nuggets which they are now recommending straight from surgery so hopefully with that I will struggle less with the tiredness others I know have had to deal with.

Anyway, best start getting organised to get showered and pack my bag so I can head to the airport.    Catch you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment