So things are trucking along fairly well really. It's now 11 days since my surgery and I feel pretty good. The pain in my shoulders is subsiding, occasional niggles but I am now fairly certain it is muscular.
Foodwise I am managing to eat around five teaspoons at a time I guess, this equates to half a pot of yoghurt or almost an egg. If I put something on a cruskit I find the best thing is to have my topping in a small bowl and scrape it on to the cruskit as I tend to only want about half the cruskit anyway. This morning I added a new "food" to my repertoire, mashed lite baked beans and cream cheese. It looks pretty gross but tastes really really nice actually.
Physically I am still getting some strange feelings. It's the only way I can describe it really. Outside of eating or drinking I quite often get a feeling a bit like when you have eaten too much and have a lump sitting in the top of your stomach. I have no idea what is causing it but hope it is just normal. I am managing to make it through about one and a half litres of water a day, plus most of a cup of coffee. I find that I get bored with eating rather than any real feelings of fullness, or perhaps that is just my new full feeling. I am not hungry at all, which is both fantastic and a little weird at the same time. It is quite a new experience to have to force myself to eat.
Apart from that things are good. Tonight I am going out for the first time since the operation, in fact it will be the first time I have left the house since I got home. SO looking forward to some different surroundings. Tomorrow is our weight loss support group meeting which I am really looking forward to and then on Monday I am starting back at Uni. So completely excited about that but also quite nervous. Fingers crossed my current energy levels manage to stay with me once I start doing more.
Thats it for now...... love to hear your comments too so feel free to leave me some :)
No comments:
Post a Comment