Still feeling the love of being home for sure. It's so nice to have one's own normal noises, dishwashers going, washing machines. It's actually quite comforting.
Things have been relatively stable the past 24 hours. Still in a bit of discomfort, in particular from the shoulder tip pain which panadol is not really covering. I am about to try a shower followed by some arnica cream on them to see if it helps. I also have random odd indigestion type pains on waking and occasionally throughout the day that don't seem connected with eating or drinking. Apparently that is normal though so hopefully it will improve. And the burping is ridiculous, I never ever thought I could burp so often.
I managed to eat just half a scrambled egg for dinner last night and it was truly delicious. I'm not sure if it is because I am restricted to eating so much less but food seems to taste and even smell so so much better than it did previously and I can appreciate the smell of something but not want to eat it. My amazingly wonderful hubby has cooked me up some potato, pumpkin and kumera which I am going to puree up and then freeze in single serves, and also some chicken which I will do the same with. Looking forward to have a nice meal tonight. He is cooking a potato bake for the family so I will just puree that with a bit of chicken.
The other thing I am finding hilarious is my coffee intake. I used to be a three cups of coffee to start the day girl. At the moment I am managing about half to two thirds before I give up and lose interest or it goes cold. I have taken to drinking herbal teas again as at least they are able to be drunk cold.
I am still finding it hard to comprehend the lack of appetite. I don't FEEL hungry at all and really do have to force myself to eat regularly. It is a really strange feeling - absolutely no cravings at all. Sometimes I have thought mmmmm that would taste nice, but that's where it ends. The drive to hunt out the whatever I think would taste nice has just disappeared.
Oh........ and I know it's naughty again but this morning I snuck on the scales and the registered 149kg. The 150's are gone forever and ever!
Julz
Glad its all going Smoothly for you. That was nice of Carl to cook you up some meals. Lucky you are ok to eat eggs. I heard quite a few people have trouble eating eggs after GBP. Hope the burping dies down for you too. I'm so excited to see your progress over the next few months. I hope you've got some "before" pics ready!!
ReplyDeleteglad to hear all going to plan :)
ReplyDeleteOMG goodbye 150's!!!!!!
ReplyDelete