So today has been a mixture of nerves, excitement, anxiousness and challenges.
I hopped on a plane to Hamilton at around 1pm today (well i think it was, my phone was turned off and the plane was delayed so i wasn't quite sure). First challenge - I had chosen the front seat of the plane for the supposed extra leg room. What the seat choosing thingy on the website failed to tell me was that the front row of seats in the little planes are solid - ie tiny little seats with solid sides with no room for my fat rolls to ooze into the seat next to me. Probably great for the guy sitting next to me, but bloody uncomfortable for me and humiliating and just plain awful. An hour sitting in a seat that tiny was not fun at all!!! It was a nice flight though and the one MAN cabin crew provided some nice eye candy.
I disembarked at Hamilton airport and walked into the terminal to see the face of my good friend Jo, who was up in Hamilton herself for family reasons, complete with a bunch of flowers. What a sight and a relief to see someone I knew. She ferried me around and about, firstly to my motel to check in, then off to Pathlab to have preop bloods taken and then back to the motel via Pak n save where I got some dinner to eat later. After a lovely chat she left and I have spent the evening relaxing, writing this blog and am about to jump back in the spa pool now it's cooled to a temperature that is more suitable.
Tomorrow morning I have to be up bright and early to head to Southern Cross Hospital - soooooo excited!!
Hey Hun, So pleased that you decided to blog your journey. I am sure you will not regret doing that.
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh about the seats on the plane, I had made that same mistake when I was at my heaviest!!
It wasn't so funny at the time - it sucked the big cahoonas. But lesson learned really.
ReplyDeleteGood luck girl, see you on the other side xxx
ReplyDelete